Vista Hermosa Park

I love Los Angeles because there are so many neighborhoods to discover. You drive along non-descript inner city streets, but turn the corner and you can be in a gem of a neighborhood that people don't know about.  I was visiting the much written about historic Angelino Heights where original Victorian homes are immaculately preserved. As I drove around walked about then turned the corner onto Colton St., I stumbled upon the north entrance to a jewel of an urban park that's hardly ever written about. The Vista Hermosa Natural Park.  This park is an urban natural park developed and maintained by the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy and the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA).  It has a meadow, California native plants, a stream, and an awesome view of the downtown city skyline. Apparently, there are also interpretive programs led by naturalists for youths and others.

The park is a tranquil refuge from the hustle and bustle of a busy urban setting. The day I was there, I saw only two other visitors in the entire 10 acre park walking around. The walk and the view was so inspiring I wondered why more people don't visit the place.

Highly recommended, and bring a picnic.

Comments

Popular Posts