The Power of Social Media Ads: Facebook Made Me Make Chicken Pot Pies


I hear that Facebook is better at serving up targeted ads that people are interested in. Well, today I found out that this is indeed the case: I was checking my news feed this morning. A friend of mine in New York liked a Better Homes and Gardens pot pie recipe. By "liking" and sharing it, the delicious picture of that pot pie showed up in my news feed like this!


 It looked so good, I clicked on it to see how it's made. When I clicked on the Better Homes and Gardens link, a pop up sign up box came up, asking me to sign up for the Better Homes and Gardens email. Luckily, I was able to click out of it and still get to the recipe. (This is good because there are times when if you don't use your email to sign up for a site, you won't be even be allowed to view the article a company has been advertising prominently all over the internet, which really sucks).

When I went over the recipe, I noticed that I already have all the ingredients listed in my fridge and pantry, except for the puff pastry dough and the cream. So, a few hours later, I made a trip down the street to Trader Joe's to buy the two ingredients plus some brussel sprouts for greens, and came home and made chicken pot pie. I have to admit, the pot pies were scrumptious and delicious. The only thing is, te recipe advertised the pot pies and autumn comfort food. Unfortunately, the weather in Los Angeles was n un-autumn-like 90 degress today, probably a far cry from the fall weather in New York where my friend first shared this article!
Oh well, the ad worked!
Does look great, but trust me, it tastes fantastic!
Kudos to Facebook and everyone who gives up their privacy and subscribes willingly into this community.

Comments

Popular Posts