Macro Lens For My Camera

I have a Sony Alpha 5000 mirrorless camera.  I got it because it seems to have most of the features of a DSLR camera, but not the bulk.  I find it inconvenient to carry a heavy DSLR camera around, and since I'm just an amateur who wants to experiment with taking photos, I figure learning on a lighter and cheaper camera will be adequate enough.

The Sony Alpha 5000 comes with a standard 16mm to 50mm lens, which goes from a wide angle to a regular slight zoom.  This lens allows me to take most of my everyday point and shoot photos. I also have a zoom lens that goes up from 55mm to 210mm.  This one allows me to zoom in on objects that are far away with a nice depth of field.  I was able to take some photos of the moon and its craters with this lens.

However, when I tried to take pictures of objects up close, like capturing a blooming flower, the zoom lens loses focus.  When I finally asked my photography teacher the reason why, he says that those close up photos are usually taken with a macro lens.  A couple of weeks ago, I splurged and bought a Sony F3.5/30 macro lens from the online camera store Adorama.  Since then, I've been playing with the lens and taking some interesting photos. Here are the results:




Comments

Popular Posts