Why Is the World So Full of Conflicts?

I haven't posted for a while because news around the world got me down. I felt as if writing about things that amuse and interest me is just too frivolous when we have events like Israel bombing Gaza to smithereens, ISIL beheading an American citizen, China's growing global ambitions, Japan's budding militarism, and the United States' lack of any moral leadership by being complicit and unable to condemn all the bad things happening in the world.

Am I the only person feeling that the world is not as safe as it once was? Maybe safety was always temporary, an illusion only. But being an American also makes me feel that the world does not like us. It may begrudgingly tolerate us, but it does not respect or want us there. Perhaps it's because we start wars, invade other countries, and leave a mess behind.

Am I the only person feeling that our cultural dominance is now being tempered by more of a global perspective? People don't see things the same way Americans or the Western world do, and not all want to adopt the western culture and way of thinking. It's good to have a plurality and diversity,  right?

Sounds trite, but I just want the world's people to live in peace with each other, and not have the desire to dominate and subjugate. But the "have nots" have so little, should they insist that they share in the bounty that the rest of us have? How do we distribute and share more equally?

Comments

Popular Posts